We are looking for an experienced SQL database developer who is passionate about writing queries. The ideal candidate must have 6+ years of experience building large-scale applications.
The job function requires the individual to possess excellent SQL skills and can work independently with minimum supervision.
- Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues