Title : Project Manager
Location : Las Vegas, NV
Duration : 6+ months
The role of Project Manager is a hands-on position requiring experience and expertise managing: The initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
The Project Manager reports to the Director of Resource, Systems, and Performance Management within the IT Shared Services and Project Management Office for administration oversight and to the Portfolio Director for day-to-day performance management.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the responsibilities of the position are as follows:
• Design, develop, update, and manage the project plan utilizing the appropriate tools (e.g., MSP, Clarity, etc.).
• Establish the project baseline, metrics, and parameters
• Develop and manage the Critical Path for successful project delivery
• Create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, and manage the constraints of the project including but not limited to: cost, scope, schedule, and quality
• Manage project schedule and delivery
• Establish and conduct weekly/monthly status meetings, and other meetings as needed, requested
• Identify, record, and manage project risks and issues
• Routinely communicate project results to the Program Manager, Business, and IT Partners
• Prepare presentations as required and requested
• Investigate project developments, validate assumptions and upcoming deliverables, and resolve conflicts
• Able to successfully manage multiple projects by applying project management best practices and understanding the objectives and key risks of the business and IT.
• Able to communicate clearly, effectively, on time, and to the correct audience
• Ensure clarity of project roles and responsibilities with and to the project team.
• Able to effectively manage the project lifecycle from inception to close
• Ensure project funding aligns with approved budgets in system of record.
• Calculate and forecast project cost(s)
• Validate/adjust monthly financial transactions.
• Accrue for goods and services received, not yet invoiced
• Monthly, report financial health of the project(s
• Complete project change requests to manage large variances
• Work with SME to determine the appropriate hardware and software needs
• Acquire quotes as needed for hardware and software purchasing
• Procure hardware and software using Ariba P2P.
• Work with Resource Managers to procure external resource(s
• Create and manage labor SOW’s using Ariba P2P
• Ensure accuracy of cost type e.g., Capital or Expense for all purchases
Education and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business management, financial management, computer science, communications, or related field, preferred
• Minimum five years of project management experience managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
• Deep understanding of project management phases, techniques, and tools
• Demonstrated experience in one or more PM methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc)
Proven leader with the ability to provide mentoring, coaching, and direction setting for project team members and other project managers
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced technology environment
• Willing to complete tasks under strict time constraints, which may require long, off-hour and weekend work
• Willing to work on-site at any of our casino resorts, which may include exposure to noise, smoke, and populated areas
• Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
• Proficient in all MS Office tools
• Proficient in MS Project 2013
• Nimble, and able to react quickly to changing business needs